Getting Insurance for a Commercial Truck

Once you finish your program in truck-driving school and earn your certification to work in the industry, you have to figure out how to navigate the real world of being a truck driver. Keep reading to find out how to get insurance for a commercial truck if you ever decide to become your own boss:

Meet the State Minimum Liability Policy

Every state has different rules when it comes to the minimum amount of liability insurance that you need to cover your vehicle, your business, and your employees. You must have at least the minimum required by your state. Commercial trucks, agricultural trucks, flatbed trucks, fifth wheel trucks, tank trucks, tow trucks, and front loaders must all be covered by commercial vehicle insurance policies.

Get the Coverage You Need

When you get commercial insurance for your vehicle, it will protect your company and your assets. It also covers all of your permanent employees as well as temporary drivers that you use to transport your vehicles. Commercial vehicle insurance can even provide higher coverage for vehicles that are associated with more risk.

Determine Your Rates

There are a few different factors that an insurance company will use to figure out your rates. They will take into account the age and driving record of anyone who will operate your commercial vehicle. They will also look at the type of license that each driver holds and the make and model of the truck. The insurance company must also know what kind of cargo you carry, the amount of passengers in the vehicle, and the mileage that the vehicle does in a year.

Before you can own a trucking company, you must first complete truck-driving school. Apply to HDS Truck Driving Institute to start on the path toward a successful career in the industry. Our programs are designed to help you become the best driver that you can be. To learn more about our program or our financial aid options, visit us online or call (877) 205-2141.

Leave a Reply